Production Shift Manager
UPDATE: Thank you for your interest. This position is no longer available.
Directs and coordinates production related activities that support the Company's strategic goals and objectives, including such activities as: yearly departmental goals, budgets, manufacturing disciplines, training, development and coaching, safety and organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet daily with previous Shift Manager to discuss any problems that have occurred on the production floor during their shift.
- Conduct daily preshift meetings; discuss any machine or technical issues.
- Conduct daily 5's walks with Line Leads and PE's.
- Meet with Supervisors and PE's to organize and prioritize daily task and objectives.
- Monitor and maintain daily labor cost.
- Maintain a safe work environment and organized facility.
- Monitor inventory using IRIS system reports.
- Monitor production efficiencies recommend corrective actions as needed.
- Monitor attendance, performance, housekeeping and safety.
- Alert temporary staffing agency of any new temporary worker requirements on a daily basis.
- Responsible for setting all priorities for all employees during the course of the shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (continued)
- Reduce the Flash Trim to the targeted goal
- Maintain achievement above targeted goal.
- Conduct a short operational status meeting twice a shift. Meetings should include QC, PE, and Mold Maintenance
- Monitor PE's mold change activities.
- Meet daily with Quality Line Inspectors and discuss any quality-related issues.
- Evaluate Line Leads and ME's according to the skill matrix interval schedule. Develops improvement plans based on skill matrix evaluation process results.
Relationships & Dimensions
- Reports to Production Manager
- Supervises directly Line Leads, ME's, and indirectly supervises QC Line Inspectors, PE's, Raw Materials, and Material Handlers.
- Interfaces with all levels of employees
Job Requirements & Specifications
- High School diploma a must, Bachelor's or Associates degree preferred.
- Two to 3 years previous experience as a Supervisor or Lead person in a manufacturing atmosphere.
- Previous responsibilities should have included budgeting, scheduling, production management, technical, raw materials, inventory management, training and safety.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, including documenting and developing good system tools.
- Must be able to direct, lead and coach large groups of employees.
- Must have good computer skills. Previous experience with word, excel, access, power point.
Back to Careers