Mold Maintenance Technician
The incumbent will perform daily maintenance of plastic injection molds in an efficient manner so as to ensure they are in sufficient working order to produce proper products, while also modifying molds as necessary to produce desired products.
Essential duties & responsibilities include the following:
- Consults blueprints to maintain molds according to specifications by machining, welding and polishing molds and sends those needing major repairs to vendor for service.
- Repairs mold heaters.
- Works with hydraulic cylinders.
- Routes water lines for mold cooling.
- Prepares molds for shipping and receives new molds.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs of molds
- Performs inventory tracking of molds and parts used.
- Keeps mold repairs within reasonable time limits by determining when use of outside firm is needed.
- Manages the projects when molds must be sent to outside firms for repairs.
- Maintains flash levels below a rate of 20%.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of 2 years of technical school training or 5 years of experience in a related field such as tool and/or dye making.
- Strong knowledge of machines in a manufacturing setting
- Basic knowledge of the metric system.
- Good communication skills
- Functionality of injection molding machines and molds
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to calculate amounts in percentages and fractions, including multiplication and division of fractions.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently stands and reaches with hands and arms, and performs repetitive tasks. The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. The employee may regularly be required to perform forceful use of hands, wrist and forearms. Employee's vision must be correctable to 20/20 depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, nontoxic plastic odor, moderate noise, moving forklifts and seasonal uncontrolled heat.
Back to Careers