Product Specifications Coordinator
Works directly with all departments to support the Company’s strategic goals and objectives. Creates product specifications and ensures product flow for maximum efficiencies.
Essential duties & responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain records of all submitted New Product Proposals (NPP) from the Sales Divisions
- Assign part numbers for purchased parts and manufactured parts
- Enter and process data related to product into various software
- Set up new molds Item Master & Mold Master
- Set up new pigments in Label Check Sheet & Item Master
- Calculate how much new pigment to order; order pigment
- Set up new parts in Item Master & Item Structure
- Assign item numbers and UPC’s
- Set up new Category, Line, Series, Size in Name Master
- Assign label numbers from submitted Label Request Forms
- Set up new labels in Label Check Sheet & Item Master (need to get pricing from Purchasing). Order new labels
- Scan new label info and labels into Label/Box folder
- Create New Specs from the info in the NPP’s, set up Item Structures, print out Costing, fill out Spec Check Sheet
- Maintain all product spec changes– change labels, add instructions, liquidate product, component updates, etc.
- Scan into Spec Archives all new & updated spec info
- Test labels on Zebra printer
- Item Reactivations – fill out Reactivation forms & check components
- Assign & set up parts for LED
- Create or Clone LED specs as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, preferably in Marketing
- Two to Three years previous experience in a manufacture atmosphere
- Product specifications
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Computer data entry
- Drafting and analyzing complex reports and data
- Understand and perform intermediate math, using Microsoft Excel to find percentage, average, median, quartile, standard deviation, minimum, maximum, and range values
- Follow verbal and written English instructions
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written
- Interact with various departments within IRIS
- Determine if product falls within specification
- Exhibit courteous and respectful demeanor towards all company personnel in words and action
- Exhibit a cooperative, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Build teamwork and resolve conflicts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Activities will involve frequent shifts from sitting to standing, occasionally exerting in excess of 10 pounds but rarely more than 25 pounds of force.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will be performed in an office environment with fluorescent lighting and temperature control, and with moderate repetitive and sudden noises from the adjoining production floor. Occasionally incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dust, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions and moderate to intense noises when outside the QA office.
Back to Careers