Process Engineer Supervisor
UPDATE: Thank you for your interest. This position is no longer available.
Directs and coordinates technical related activities that support the Company's strategic goals and objectives, including such activities as: machine processing, machine maintenance, mold changing, training, coaching, safety and organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet daily with production manager to establish daily objectives.
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings and discusses any machine or technical related issues.
- Conduct daily 5's walk with PE's.
- Maintain a safe work environment and organized facility.
- Monitor machine conditions and perform maintenance duties as required.
- Monitor machine and cycle efficiencies, recommend and take corrective actions as needed.
- Monitor mold change efficiencies and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Work with and coach PE's in the area of processing and mold changing on a regular basis.
- Monitor attendance, performance, housekeeping and safety.
- Monitor and maintain flash ratio below stated goal.
- Evaluate employees based on skill matrix criteria and make improvement plans based on evaluation results.
- Maintain cycle time achievement above 105%.
- Maintain mold change time achievement above stated goal.
- Maintain in-molding and automation machinery.
- Keep log on the best cycle times achieved for each mold.
Relationships & Dimensions
- Reports to Facility & Technical Production Manager (WI), Production Manager (TX)
- Supervises directly all PE's.
- Interfaces with all employees
Job Requirements & Specifications
- High School diploma a must, associates degree preferred in a technical related field.
- Two to 3 years’ previous experience as a Supervisor or Lead person in the plastics industry.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, including documenting and developing good system tools.
- Must be able to direct, lead and coach small groups of employees.
- Must have good computer skills. Previous experience with word, excel, access, power point.
Back to Careers