Facility Maintenance Technician
UPDATE: Thank you for your interest. This position is no longer available.
The incumbent will provide general oversight and maintenance of the office building, company cars and company owned condominiums making sure they are well maintained and meet acceptable standards and expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance such as replacement or repair of leaks in office bathrooms and kitchens, unclogging of drains, etc.
- Cleans hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas
- Manages the company condominium with duties such as but not limited to; general repairs, cleaning after guests, performs all laundry activities and keeps the condo move-in ready at all times
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, changing light bulbs, cleaning and changing vent filters, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces malfunctioning components or apparatus such as printed circuit boards or transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures
- Drives company vehicles to and from routine maintenance and keeps a clear and concise driver check-out check-in logs for tracking purposes
- Assist in the maintenance of the office supply room as well as order and maintain janitorial supplies
- Monitors and cleans all office refrigerators and equipment
- Frequently monitors the office areas and the lunchroom to make sure it is clean and presentable
- Assist the facilities and maintenance supervisor on special projects as well as cover his duties when he is out
- Walk the building outer perimeter at least once every day picking up and disposing of any trash
- Drives company vehicles to support facility maintenance and condominium management functions
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least three (3) years working experience in facility maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry a plus
- General maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Manual dexterity and problem solving skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Exercise good judgement and prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Multi-task and support multiple priorities at one time
- Exercise independent motivation
- Understand manuals and follow direction
- Obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license with clean record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms, and perform repetitive tasks. The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must be able to work at heights. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Employee's vision must be correctable to 20/20 depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is generally office, plant or outer building perimeter. Involving frequent driving to service and cleanup the company condominium and also maintain company vehicles.
Back to Careers