Executive Assistant to the President
The Executive Assistant provides executive-level support to the President. The incumbent will promote the corporate image by representing the President internally and externally; serve as liaison between the President, key executives, employees and outside vendors; while providing overall administrative support critical for the effective and efficient functioning of the President’s office.
Essential duties & responsibilities include the following:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence, arranging frequent travel, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Acts as personal secretary to the President during meetings and appointments; frequently attends and writes meeting minutes, drafts letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the company
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing. Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, phone, company credit cards
- Compiles or creates various forms of data, analyzes complex data and prepares reports
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’s schedule is maintained
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President with IRIS USA and IRIS Ohyama, staff, vendors and prospective customers
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on issues and concerns addressed to the President and recommends appropriate course of action
- Facilitates smooth communication between the President with IRIS and the general public
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the overall success of IRIS USA, and manages a variety of special projects for the President
- Frequently attend meetings and appointments on behalf of the President, in and out of the company, during and outside business hours and occasional weekends
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by the President
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communication and Marketing
- Five (5) years of experience in a corporate executive support role
- Bilingual in English and Japanese preferred
- Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of office management principles, methods, and procedures
- Knowledge of organizational structure, personnel, and fiscal management
- Knowledge of electronic calendaring in Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point; Email and Internet
- Excellent written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving, planning and management skills
- Give clear and precise presentations
- Apply strategic planning foresight
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills
- Multi-task and support multiple priorities at one time
- Exercise good judgement and maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
- Travel frequently in and out of town with sometimes overnight stays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Activities will involve frequent movement, sitting, and using a computer, communicating verbally and in writing. Give presentations to small and large groups. Occasionally incumbent must be able to lift product, office equipment or supplies less than 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment is generally office with low to moderate noise.
Back to Careers