Order Control Associate
Manages on time and complete shipments to the customers from the Arizona facility by processing the orders and inter-facility transfers (parts, finished product, and molds). Analyzes customer orders and determines necessary action to ensure timely shipment. Communicates product availability to Customer Service, Sales, and Distribution.
Essential duties & responsibilities include the following:
- Analyzes customer orders against sales forecast and production schedule to ensure on time and complete shipments.
- Resolves exceptions if there are any, with customer service, such as shipping factory change or shipping date change.
- Maintains Product Availability Notification Form (Planning Form).
- Reviews on order list on a daily basis for any potential problems and/or product shortages and compares the lists with the Texas monthly plan to assure product is scheduled and running on time for shipment.
- Develops and coordinates factory transfer plans from Wisconsin and Texas to Arizona for parts, finished products, and molds based on the sales forecast and on hand inventory in the most cost effective way, i.e., to utilize the weight and cube capacity to the maximum possible utilization.
- Analyzes On Time and Complete Reports for Texas and allocates the shortages to different departments accordingly.
- Prepares Weekly Forecast Accuracy Report.
- Prepares Inventory Report and sends to relevant departments.
- Updates Mold Inventory spreadsheet to determine which facility each mold is located at.
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree a must with at least four year experience in plant manufacturing. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Others:
- Product structure and inventory knowledge.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
- Ability to analyze and compile data as well as preparing reports.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Back to Careers