UPDATE: Thank you for your interest. This position is no longer available.
Directs and coordinates assembly related activities that support the Company's strategic goals and objectives, including such activities as: assembly goals, budgets, manufacturing disciplines, training, coaching, safety and organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with all assembly employees to discuss daily activities and objectives.
- Conduct daily preshift meetings with all assembly employees.
- Conduct daily 5's walks with all assembly employees.
- Maintain a safe work environment and organized work areas.
- Monitor inventory using IRIS system reports.
- Monitor assembly efficiencies, make corrective adjustments as needed.
- Monitor attendance, performance, housekeeping and safety.
- Evaluate assembly employees and develop employee improvement plans based on skill matrix.
- Monitor quality of products at all times.
- Develop efficient product flow and assembly line practices.
- Work with the Assembly Scheduler on a daily basis to determine what products need to be produced.
Relationships & Dimensions
- Reports to Production Manager
- Supervises directly assembly employees.
- Interfaces with all employees
Job Requirements & Specifications
- High School diploma a must, associates degree preferred.
- Two to 3 years previous experience as a Supervisor or Lead person in a manufacturing atmosphere.
- Previous responsibilities should have included budgeting, scheduling, management, training and safety.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, including documenting and developing good system tools.
- Must be able to direct, lead and coach small groups of employees.
- Must have good computer skills. Previous experience with word, excel, access, power point.
Back to Careers